Targeted outcomes (youth stakeholders)
Target outcomes for youth listeners attributed to the radio include:
- Informed on life matters.
- Positive attitudes and perceptions.
- Taking positive actions, eg job search (www.jobsinliberia.com).
- Responsible choices.
- Impacting their families / communities in demonstrable ways.
- Helping others.
- Not engaged in crime or violence.
This will be measured by surveys, listener stories, program feedback, behavioural data eg calls and in other ways.
Target outcomes for volunteers (staff) include the ones below, as they work with the radio, they develop and depart with the following.
- Media skills including scripting, producing and presenting programs.
- Technical skills.
- A good communicator.
- Work ethic.
- Community-oriented and engagement skills.
- Analysis of data and writing of reports.
All staff will remain with the radio for up to one (1) year or until turn age 26, whatever comes first.
Exit interviews will be undertaken with all departing staff, and if scope allows, periodic surveys to track their situation and outcomes achieved,
eg a job in media.
New staff will be recruited continuously via partner groups, social media and friends networks, so every 12 months the staff composition will be very different. Keeping in mind the key staff will keep working with the station.